Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Now press repeat

I've been busy. Well not really. Skipped work today, cause I just feel like it. I WILL definitely get a warning letter tomorrow and get some bollocking from my manager. Pfff, am I bovvered? I don't really care since I'll be leaving sooner or later.

Anyway, seeing I got plenty of time today, I'll just be typing crap. About music, well more like music that I like. I listen to alternative rock, usually mainstream or from mySpace. Bands I like varies from the poppy Ting Tings to the hardcore Slipknot (which by the way, their new album rocks!), Ash, Blur, Muse, Incubus, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, The Killers, etc etc etc. Anyway, those who like these type of musics, read on. Else, just stop before I freakin waste your time. Thank you.

I'm just going to review some of the bands I've been listening and liking so far. Treat it as recomendation if you may.

Red Light Company - With Lights Out
I predict this band would be big somehow. I really love the album. It's really mellow and uplifting at times. "Hope" is the word that keep coming to my thought every time I listen to the album. (With Lights Out, Scheme Eugene, Art & Crafts)


The Rakes - Ten New Messages
My work mate's bestmate's band (if that makes sense). This is an old album from 2007, deliciously addictive. (Suspicious Eye, The World is a Mess but His Hair Was Perfect). New album coming out March, judging from the new single 1989 looks like it's going to be a good album as well.


Mystery Jets - 21
I love this album, don't exactly know why but I feckin love it. I think it has some really retro feel to some of the songs on it. (Young Love, Half in Love with Elizabeth, Flakes)



Cage The Elephant - Cage The Elephant
Good powerful band kinda reminded me of Arctic Monkeys. (Ain't No Rest For The Wicked, In One Ear, Back Against The Wall). Good songs and good band name (cage my elephant condoms?)



There are some more albums that I'm liking but mostly I imagine would be on the radio 24/7 anyway, Kings of Leon, Fallout Boy, Slipknot(on radio? huh?), The Killers, some more that I can't remember.

You love it, you hate it, you maybe even despise it. Doesn't matter, we all have different tastes anyway.

1 comment:

musse said...

Thanks JOy..i did enjoy the songs from The Mystery,esp the young love..i really love music,and alwyas remain universal,so that i can always listen to other types of music..