Friday, April 3, 2009

Now press repeat

Blehhhhhh. So fekkin' tired. Baru jak balik dari London. Was on the train back when kiayee ym-ed. =D So London, why there. Last Sunday till Tuesday was the annual Malaysian Career Fair. Ramai-ramai pigi cari kerja! I always ignored these fairs since its irrelevant, or I'm just ego. Kunun, "ala, nanti sinang jak carik kerja". Then bloody recession hit, baru mau panic! at the disco.

p/s Mumu, £1 = Rm 5 something. €1 = Rm4 something. Feels so dam rugi kalo mau send money back home. *cry cry*. Was Rm6.7 on my first year. So unfair!



So anyway, Career Fair, which by the way explains the glasses, the vest and the tie. I would have wear a suit, (SUIT UP!) but imagine 1000 potential rivals wearing the same attire. Wearing something different would leave a better deep impression to potential employers, don't you think. It's all about tactics matey! Though Shell & Petronas reject! Dengar jak "I'm on loan from Mara & JPA", REJECT! Ugh, which part of the "loan" which they don't understand. I'm not bonded, not being forced to work with MARA and JPA. Duh. So urang-urang yang self-sponsored jakla (or Petronas sponsored) yang ble kerja sama Petronas. Bloody stupid policy they have. Shell rejected me twice (europe & asia) *cry cry*. Mimang bajet teda harapan pun Shell tu. SLB, "Selamba Ja" (ahak! XD) my fave O&G company tarik diri last minute. I heard they cancelled 'cause they're too busy "sizing down". RAWRRRRR. So all my hope is placed on the single walk-in interview with Sapura-Crest. Went okay, could have done better and will know end of the month *crossing all fingers and toes!* My mates (most of them) who went to the SPA (Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam) got the job offer of around Rm 2.5k pcm and benefits. Macam nda worth it tu pigi blajar jauh-jauh, hutang kliling pinggang to be paid as much. Well, at least they have pension.

p/s Jags, will email you soon my qualifications. Offshores opportunities if possible! *wink*

So anyway, London. Decided to have fun while there. So went to the wax museum, Madame Tussauds. I've been there twice now and still loving it. Some pics but BEWARE, I've gained "some" weight. Tula, malas mo pigi gym lagi. Koto!



The Legen....dary Jimi Hendrix, my fucking idol, Mr Johnny Depp and urang sot yang sangat kuat tapi pkai spender di luar. I think I'll go visit again before going back home. Then I went up the London Eye, which was okay. Imagine it looks better at night, hmm. Then went to the bloody Aquarium, which was shit. Ingat ada dugong ka, do
lphin ka. Cisss. Buang duit!



Another thing that is popular among the Malaysian community is the Malaysian restaurants over here in England. Urang Mesia ni mimang kuat makan la, don't you think. So, over the period staying there, pigila join my friends. Kasih hilang rindu la kunun. First day was at Jom Makan! (Omg JM!, random lol). Situated a rock's throw from Trafalgar Square, not hard to miss. Ayam Percik! £7-8 per meal. Spent around £15. *cry* Tutup mata jakla. Lama nda makan percik percik manuk. Then went to Melur the day after. (originally Mawar, shut down cause of "rat" problem apparently).This new (to me) restaurant is all classy, with the prices all classy as well. Kambing Bakar (fancy name for Lamb Chop eh), Sate Anika, and Nasi Putih (I lol-ed while typing this). Spent around £15/16. Tu pun sebab dia salah kira. Dia terover bagi Sate, ahak! So spent around £30 for 2 meals. Hmmm, bole jadi telanjang ni by the time mo balik, abis duit. Went to my fave food shop in London, the Wasabi at Victoria station. Mmmm value for money £5 for Teriyaki Chicken with lots more rice and 3 pairs of sushi. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Screw you overpriced restaurant! *flickin the Vs*



P/s If I do come back home, ada urang mau kirim? Nothing too big and expensive! Bukan anak raja ni ging. Just let me know.

6 comments:

musse said...

Joy,sia really enjoyed baca ko punya blog!!!
sia rasa macam i was there too..haha,and that vest,spec of u,totally cant imagined u in that outfit..suit-up!!

hoho,now that currency is not so great eh?did u save some of ur money?hm,about Petronas or some big damn company,their policies totally s***!! even scholarship also,always to their employer's children..huhu.Hope u will try with Jags's company,pretty good!

and wax museum?cool..u can see that Jimi Hendrix too?walauwee..take pic of his guitar eh..really hope can go there oneday,i will...

wau,bagus bah kalau ko belajar masak!!bikin tu ayam percik sendiri..sana manada ayam ja,but got ayam belanda..hoho,ayam belanda percik..ambik kau,kanyang bah!!

if u really plan to go back here soon,i hope can msg me yah,mangkali mau mengirim ni..

Anonymous said...

joy... bestnya ko pg london. tunggu laa nanti me too will go there :)

by the way... you look good with that vest. slim skettt :). I give u A+ for the dressing.

ko pulang sini bila? kirim perfume boleh? Christian Dior perfume satu! :).

JM said...

Thanks~
No probs guys. I'll make sure to let you know when I'm coming back.

JOe said...

I miss london too, seems that mawar changed to melor now eh?
Petronas? I guess now you can see why i rather work abroad huh. I bet u can get the job if u have cronies JM.
This bullshit is their nature.. Their doing the interview only to show off.
Well, i will help you to get a job JM. Your friend got 2.5k? Live in kl for 2.5k is just enough for yourself, means nothing for the family. But don't worry our new PM will help u..hahaha right prim?

JM said...

Jag, definitely agree. Think the "interview" is to kasih cukup syarat. 2.5k is allright, if you don't have a 110k loan to settle. Lol. Oh btw, I've email you Jag, not my CV, just my highest qualification.

JOe said...

JM aku mo kirim Superbike CBR1000RR pakai AP kau bleh... Hahahahaha